Sunday, November 23, 2014

Suddenly Sunday

We went out to a German  dinner in  lieu of Oktoberfest.   It was really good.    I love getting a break from cooking, not that I have had a lot of that with breaking my hip and spending time in hospitals and rehab centers.    I still ate dinner by watching the amount of carbs I ate.   I had a taste if anything that was carb loaded and stuck to the cabbage and meat.

Fred Meyers has a small ad on the paper.  Nothing spectacular except a butter
 coupon and celery is .39.   If you want bargains for thanksgiving dinner, you need to buy the stuff as you go.   They sock it to you the week of thanksgiving.   They don't out stuff in sale because they don't have too.  They know you are going  to  to buy it anyway.   Turkey is still free of you spend 150.00.  I'm not seeing a restriction on what you buy, so Fred Meyers is  the best bet for that because you can work on your Christmas list, you aren't restricted to buy 150.00 worth of food.

They have a crockpot brand crockpot for 39.99 and will give you a ten dollar got card with purchase.

I started this blog to help real people eat real food when left with the reality of a sparse budget.   I am seeing a lot of websites out there that either profess that they are in a few dollars a month on the past or eat dinners that a Martian might eat, but most children I know wouldn't touch it woth a ten foot pole .  I am trying to put real food on the table and still work under the USDA guidelines.

Obviously, the meat for the week is turkey.   The same recipes for chicken can be side for turkey,  we are going to family for thanksgiving, but I bought a turkey anyway.  I got a freezer that was a bit smaller than the one we had before and I stocked veggies and fruit when they were on sale.   I got French fries for a buck, a dollar and a half per big savings.   Since we have them about once a week, that should take is into the new year-- or not! LOL my granddaughters favorite foods, French fries and rice noodles -   go figure!

I digress.

I guess that's all.

Thanks for stopping by. please share and join.
Jane.


No comments:

Post a Comment