Peanut butter 2/5@@
Sour cream 2/5., also cottage cheese
Red Barton pizza 3.99$$
Ice cream 2/6@@
Back lack alert for the peanut butter. I will post on Facebook also.
Coupon grocery cart has red Barron pizza coupon .
Last night we had ribs, corn in the cob and green salad.
I didn't buy a lot of meat that wasn't picnic meat. Chicken sausage was in sale at SAFEWAYS as well as ribs and hot dogs. I stocked on chicken and good hamburger a few weeks ago so I didn't have to find a bargain this week. That is where it pays to buy the bargains when you happen to find them and coast through the weeks there isn't much.mm meat is getting harder and harder to find good meat deals. Typically there are no really good buys on holiday weekend. Picnic supplies are an exception, usually that happens on Memorial Day.
Buying what is in sale, provided it is in your usual buy list is a good way to cut your grocery costs. We all have to eat, but we don't have to eat what is top dollar in the grocery store. A little effort goes a long ways to stretch your grocery budget. Remembering a few basic principles can save a bundle
- The basic food is around the perimeter of the store.
- Don't buy ready made unless it is cheaper than scratch. Do the math.
- Before you buy a box of something, read the ingredients. Again, do the math.
- Spend more on meat , dairy and produce than anything else.
- Steer clear of bottled drinks. And junk food. Junk food is defined as anything that has no real food value. It's stupid to pay big money for sugar and water. Ditto a few ounces of potatoes.
- The biggest weapon in your fight against the break the budget groceries is your calculator and a price book of the things you buy most. Know when a bargain is a bargain. If you haven't spent your money on junk, you can afford to buy bulk of bargains and feed your family better, cheaper, faster. .
Thanks for stopping by. As soon as I get to the point I am back to normal, I'll start a better post routine again.