- Chicken Parm, salad
- Pizza - a family favorite
- Minestrone , cheezy rolls
- Beef enchaladas , lettuce, tomato
- Beer chilli , bread sticks
- Tuna cassarole, peas and carrots
- Breakfast for Dinner- another favorite, everyone cooks.
- Chicken parm is an easy, quick dinner. Spaghetti remains to be a good price often. It cooks i. 2 minutes in the insta pot. Quick release. Pasta sauce is less expensive than scratch. Parmesean cheese is real and in a deli type container. Watching at Winco and FM, you can find it on sale often. If not parmesean, then a blend or Romano works.
- Pizza is a favorite. A cheese pizza from scratch is a dollar. Pepperoni is a dollar at the DT and there are 14 pieces in half a package. Freeze pizza sauce from the DT . One jar makes 5 pizzas. Save veggies and meat scraps when appropriate. Buffalo chicken pizza is an alternataive without tomato.
- Minestrone is meatless. Cheezy rolls are a biscuit dough rolled out jelly roll fashio. And filled with cheese.
- Beef enchaladas are made with homemade enchilada sauce. Add lettuce and tomato.
- Beer chilli is from one of the DT cookbooks . Cook beans in the insta pot instead of buying cans saves a lot of money. Beans, hamburger (already cooked) Taco type seasonings, tomatoes, corn, and peppers and beer.
- Tuna casserole made with scratch soup base. Frozen peas and real carrots.
- Breakfast for Dinner is a hit here. Everyone cooks something.
Groceries on the cheap takes a different approach to putting food on the table. Purchasing groceries in bulk and when they are at their RBP saves time, money, and affords a piece of mind that cant be achieved buying your food one meal at a time. Life happens. Bleep happens to the best of us. Being prepared and self sufficient is the gateway to piece of mind.
Studies have shown that people that have to worry about where there next meal is coming from have a lower life expectancy . Stress is not good for anyone,especially not children.
You can eat well on four dollars a day. We didn't set out to do that, it just happened. I challenged myself to find every trick I could to lower food costs while maintaining a balanced diet . It became a game. Groceries are the most expensive thing in most peoples discretionary budget. If one’s budget is tight, it is the most logical place to learn to economize .
This blog is free from advertising. I don't make money from this, I just want to help people. Bee. There, done that. I’m sharing. Please share. You never know who or when you might be helping someone.