First of all, not all dollar stores are alike. We have a Dollar Tree.
Some lady told me that the dollar store just had cheap ??!!. True, there is throw away junk , but there is also good things a whole lot cheaper than other stores.
Top ten things I buy at the dollar store.
1) facial tissue. 120 count
2) cleaning supplies - window cleaner, soft scrub for my sink, disappearing sponges for the black marks on walls, and grease on the stove, regular sponges with a scrubber on the back.
3) cotton rounds for taking off makeup. Nail files. Soap and toothpaste are free with coupons. Toothbrushes are two for a dollar.
4) coffee filters , napkins. ( the quality is not the best on napkins, but they work and they are a throw away, we usually use cloth napkins, but use paper when we are having tomato based goods that would stain bad. Years ago, I found material really cheap, and made napkins. . They cost me a dime.
5) gloves for children. Kids loose gloves. There is no sense in buying or making mittens to be lost.
6). Oberto sausage and pepperoni. The same size package is upwards of three dollars with the same far out pull date.
7) The Sunday paper. You can get it all week.
8) spices and sprinkles.
9) balloons for parties.
10) googelie eyes , school supplies , children's cardboard books, word seek books, coloring books,
Guess that is it.
Thanks for stopping by