So, it's time to get back to basics.
The reason why I started groceries on the cheap is because I was getting requests for people to teach them how to make it on food stamps. They were running out of momey before they ran out of month. With the rising costs of food and the shrinking snap dollar, ot os getting harder to make the meals hit the table. The good news is the Internet if full of information everywhere you look and you get to filter out what is usable to you.
The main objective in groceries on the cheap is to NEVER PAY FULL PRICE FOR ANYTHING. BUY LOW AND EAT HIGH.
A few exercises will set you up do eat well on less the rest of your lives.
- Identify the inexpensive sources of protein that your family will eat. In our home that would be chicken, eggs, cheese, pork, beans and rice,beef,
- Write down meals that incorporate these sources . Do at least 7' preferably 14 to assure variety.
- Identify the shelf ready staple items that you'd will use to cook these meals. Also freezer.Start a price book and identify the lowest prices for these foods. Use the weekly ads and your shopping trips to post prices. Name of product, size, date, store, price? with coupon?
- When you find the right price, buy a) as many as you can, b) as many as the store will let you ( limits) or c) as many as you need to reach your goal. I keep a six to 12 week supply.
- If you can match a store sale with a manufacturers coupon you. really hit pay dirt!
That's all for today. More tomorrow.