Brings me to my point. There are tools that make life easier in the kitchen. If things are easier, we will be more inclined to cook at home instead of eating out. Most of them are not terribly expensive and can be bought over years, or found at estate sales or on your Christmas list? On ez pay at qvc takes the sting out of something that costs a little more.
- A pressure cooker cooks ribs and split pea soup in minutes as well as many other things. Mthey showed corn on the cob, but it took three minutes. By the time the oressuremcookermcomes up to speed and cooks and has it's down time. You can cook them in the microwave. It takes six minutes on the microwave . Cut the silk part off the top, put the, in the microwave, use hit pads or a kitchen towel to pull the husks off after you have cut the bottom off the cob.
- A crock pot can vey our best friend in the kitchen. You can prep your ingredients the night before, put them in the insert and turn the pot on in the am. Dinner is ready when you get home. There is something about the smell of cooked dinner when you walk into the house after a long hard day that is miraculous. Chocolate decadence is marvelous.
- A food processor makes cakes amd chops food, and grates cheese. It is sometimes cheaper to grate your own cheese than buying grated cheese. Add a little cornstarch to it and freeze it. Frozen cheese works fine in Mac and cheese and any place it is melted. You can also chop meat in a pinch.
- A meat grinder ( either as an attachment to a kitchen aid,mor the old fashioned kind grandma had) is a good investment, you can make your own sausage or hambirger when roast is cheaper than good hambirger and you control the fat!
- I love my waffle iron, and my husband loves the George foreman, but they are not as necessary or a money saver like the other appliances are.
There are appliances that cook a special item all over the place. Most of them are just dust catchers and a gimmic.
There is a theory of the snowball effect. In essence, it says that of you save momey on something and spend the momey you save to buy something that will save more momey, you will be better off because your savings will grow.
Thanks for stopping by