Friday, September 1, 2017

2700.00 Grocery Haul....a lesson in contrast.

Honest, no typo.....this's lady on u tube made a 2700.00 grocery haul. I couldnt imagine how much 2700.00 worth of food looked like.     Quite a contrast to our 45.00 a week!  She bought a lot of regular inexpensive food on sale, but also bought designer lunch meat I have never heard of , fancy cheeses, a lot of fast, frozen, ready made food and whole beef loins.   Here regular grocery haul for the week was like 500, the rest was stock up at Sams club and Trader Joe's.  

On to contrast.....I tried to go no spend in August, but found myself buying bulk because the prices are going up and I hate to get stuck with the larger prices before I really have to.    Its the secret to eating well on less money.   So, we are going to try for No Spendtember.   I have stocked the things like honey and vanilla that we were out of and bought a pork loin.   So, I should be able to pull this one off.    I'm trying for less than 30.00 a week worth of perishables.   We do live in one of the highest COL areas of the US.   

There is actually a lady in South Carolina that feeds four of them, including a husband and 2 teenagers for close to thirty dollars a week.   She has a discount grocery store that has outrageous prices.   They also eat a lot of processed and chicken.   She also has to be gluten free for her son.   All things considered, she is remarkable.   


Whatever your budget, this blog is committed to showing people how to eat better for less.

No comments:

Post a Comment