Friday, October 6, 2017

Insta pot chicken and pasta

This is a basic recipe.   Its no secret that I am in love with the Insta pot.   I dont have the stamina that I used to have when I was younger.  Gone are the days that I could make pasta from scratch .   I can remember my aunt making noodles from scratch and delicious little pockets of meat and bread dough.  My dad’s sister loved to bake.   Baking day was Thursday.   She lived three doors up from us.  You could only guess where we stopped after school every Thursday.    LOL.

Insta Pot chicken and pasta.

2 medium chicken breasts, raw, cut into about 1 inch or less cubes.
4 cups chicken stock
1 pkg. small pasta....rotini  , medium shells, penne

Place in Insta pot.   Add enough water to cover the pasta.

Pressure cook on high for 4 minutes.
Manually release.
Drain pasta.

At this point you can :

1) Reserve the stock and make a white sauce or a cheese sauce for a casserole.  Add peas or frozen peas and carrots.

2) Drain and add pesto.,homemade or from costco.

3) Pour drained pasta into a casserole and add cream soup or cooked cream soup base and top with bread crumbs, parm and basil or parsley and bake until bubbly.

4) cool the chicken and pasta base and make a pasta salad.


No comments:

Post a Comment