Sunday, February 3, 2013

Suddenly Sunday

Good Morning.

I just realized that I hadn't done meal plans for this week. I pretty much didn't buy much this week because most of the specials were all about expensive snack food and booze. it's just another good reason to stock. I still have enough food with the exception of fresh food to cook all week. I am using up the perishablesmthat are in the fridge so my split isn't as diversified as it usually is.

1) ribs, oven roasted red potatoes,green salad
2) Mac and cheese. ( uses up the odds and ends of the cheese) and green beans
3) quiche with ham cubes, strawberries
4) pizza, green salad
5) chicken stir fry
6) sausage and bean soup, brown and serve sourdough from Costco
7) Tacos, refried beans


Notes
Ribs were on sale at Safeways Friday. I buy lots of variety of cheeses because we like it. Cheese was 5 dollars for 2 pounds Safeways again. Ham cubes need to be used up. They work I'm pizza and quiche.
Chicken Stirfry is from chicken in the freezer pirchased at a dollar a pound. Sausage and bean soup and tacos use cans that I purchased for .50 last week. Total cost, rounding is 33.75 dollars divided by 7 is 4.82 a meal.

I could have substituted chicken for the ham on the pizza, but I want to use the ham up so it doesn't go to waste and it doesn't freeze well.

Thanks stopping by

Please share

Jane






No comments:

Post a Comment