Sunday, June 19, 2016

Fred Meyer haul

just a disclosure,   I have spent more this month because of the freezer thawing and needing to replenish at least some of our stock.   We are still lower than the USDA stats for my husband and I and we subsidize the daughter and granddaughter.   Their USDA stats are 69.00 more.  

Google : cost of food at home USDA for your stats.

Our freezer is pretty  much full.


Fred Meyers haul.  3 pounds of beef made 8 dinners ; two approx 5 pound chicken breast made 8 breasts plus some chicken tenders, plus chicken stock and enough chicken pieces for several casseroles and or chicken pizza.   Three Red  Baron  pizzas.   2 gallons of milk, 2 lbs of butter, 2 blue bunny ice creams and 2 suddenly salads that were .50 with coupon and sale.    Low low carb yogurt 
was .40.   I bought four to see if I liked them.   - Kroger spaghetti was .89 and a dollar for chocolate fudge cycles for granddaughter.     



Freezer with labeled bins.  
All the sauces and vegetables and cheese is in the big freezer.   

We came home from the store and my husband cooked the ground beef (7 percent fat ) and separated it into crumbles and taco meat, then seasoned the taco meat.    I bagged it into portion controlled quart bags and then bagged the quart  bags accordingly.   

While he was cooking the meat, I was debonong the chicken split breasts.   They left the chicken tenders on so I cut them off and put them in a separate bag.   The bones and the meat I left on the, are  simmering for stock  and chicken pieces for soup or casseroles or pizza.    Buffalo chicken  pizza is really good.    

Kitchen management is sometimes the key to eating well on four dollars a day budget.   I am still with restocking the freezer less than the four dollars a day and we have more than two weeks worth of meals.    Between kitchen management and purchasing food at least 1/2 price, you can eat well for a limited budget amount,   

At QFC, suddenly salad was 2.69. I paid .50.   Boneless, skinless chicken breast are 6.00 a pound and you don't always know where they came from.    I paid a dollar a pound.  I deboned eight breasts in less time than it took hubby to cook three pounds of beef in the frying pan.    Frozen chicken breast take 8 minutes to cook in the pressure cooker or you can thaw them in the fridge the night before you want to cook them.    

I used 11.50 worth of coupons this week end .    





No comments:

Post a Comment