Thursday, August 11, 2016

Chicken enchiladas, take along

I made chicken enchiladas this morning for tonight's dinner.   I used a Betty Crocker recipe that was on line.   I make dinner early on the day, or at least prep so,e of it.   The last thing my old body wants to do at six o'clock at night is to prep a scratch dinner for an hour.   LOL.  

Cost of recipe:  note small amounts of staples like flour and slices are not cost out.   If its one noes worth, it's not worth my time.    Chicken broth is  low sodium chicken granules. ( Winco) .  I used two tsp.  

1) cook chicken broth and flour , and spices on the stove on med heat until slightly thickened.   Add Greek yogurt ( I added sour cream) .  ( .33)

2) Filling

  • Can of corn .50
  • Can of black beans .50
  • 3/4 cup cheddar cheese .47
  • Green chillies .58 
  • Chicken breast, cooked and shredded 1.00
  • Total 3.05  - made a double batch - recipe total 1.53 Q

3) assemble filling corn tortillas ( 1/3 package .33) and place on 9X13 greased pan
4) top with sauce and cheese ( .47)

Total 2.66😊
 I can't download pics because Google changed the format and I will need to learn a new trick, I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment