Sunday, April 14, 2013

Dinner

I made enchalada sauce from scratch tonight for dinner for our enchiladas. I made a recipe from the food channel. It called for chicken stock, but I used water so that I could make the vegetarians happy. it was spicy. We like spicy and the baby are her noodles instead. Imfilled whole wheat tortillas with beans, rice, green chilis and jalapeƱo jack cheese. We topped them with lettuce,tomato, black olives and sour cream. Very filling.

I have been experimenting with new recipes a lot lately.

When we went to happy hour last week, I had stuffed chicken with asparagus and a cesear salad. They just took a couple of whole leaves of romaine with shaved parm, they added a couple of anchovies( I gave them to my husband. )
And a lemon wedge. The chicken was poumded thin. A bread stuffing with dried cranberries was spread on it and it was rolled up and cooked. They served it with asparagus cooked al dente.

They also cook salmon with a shrimp stuffing and drizzle balsamic vinegar over top. I saw a reduced balsamic vinegar on a cooking show last week. I think it was The Chew. They grilled romaine and drizzled it with reduced balsamic vinegar.

Thanks for stopping by

Please share

Jane



No comments:

Post a Comment