Our meal plans usually are based on a protein matrix, beef, chicken or pork, and vegetarian, sometimes a fish.
- Mom out : daughter cooks
- Potato soup, cheezy biscuits
- Tacos, Spanish rice, refried beans
- Chicken stir fry (Facebook)
- Chicken aka king
- Breakfast for dinner,
I am working on a blog on how many meals can be prepared from a six pound chicken. Some we have already eaten, the rest of the chicken was separated and frozen. My husband would have squawked if I fed him chicken six days in a row. Lol
- Pizza is a mainstay. Easy when the crust is made in bulk and frozen and the cost is a dollar a cheese pizza. Add toppings that have been leftover from other meals or not.
- Potato soup and cheese biscuits come in at less than 1.50 for a total of four servings when ingredients are purchased at RBP.
- Tacos are from already cooked hamburger, rice can be batch cooked for Spanish rice and the chicken aka king.
- Chicken stir fry is from a recipe on Facebook with the addition of parm, cooked chicken, and maybe some red pepper flakes . Green beans, and zucchini were both really inexpensive at sprouts.
- Chicken ala king is an old recipe. Use magic mix and add frozen peas and maybe some chopped red peppers .
- Breakfast for dinner is a mainstay. Everyone cooks. It may or may not be economical, depending on what you cook and the amount of meat you serve. Eggs are cheap. Fruit in season is always a hit.