Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Terrific Tuesday

This is the wonderful week that I don't have to cook for four days on a row!    Yeah.  I love cooking, but it's nice to have a break once on a while, and I love being out with friends and family.

I made two chickens , very large chickens on Sunday.  I don't think I would do it again in the small oven.  I needed to use two separate pans and leave a lot more air circulating around them.  I wound up microwaving them for another twenty minutes to get them done.  I have dinner premade for Wednesday and Thursday.    

There is something really comforting about chicken pot pie on a cold day.  We love buffalo chicken pizza.  When I shopped, I got a honey Dijon mustard pork tenderloin.  There are coupons out there for them.  

green bean salad 

2 cup fresh green beans, cut into two inch pieces, blanched crisp tender.  
1/2 cup cucumber, cut in half, seeded, and cut into semi rounds slices
1 small red pepper, cut into thin strips.  
Sliced red onion

Dressing 
2 T cream cheese! softened
1 T. Milk
1 T vinegar
2 tsp sugar
Salt and pepper.  

Mix salad ingredients.  Mix dressing ingredients.  Toss.  

Serves 2 


Raspberry salad 

Field  greens, or torn romaine 
Diced pear
Raspberries
Toasted pecans, optional
Dried cranberries

Raspberry vinaigrette

Notes: 
Designer lettuce is cheapest at Costco.  
Pears are a buck a pound these days
Raspberries were also on sale.  
I always keep dried cranberries, they are a special treat in my oatmeal, or on cookies instead of raisens.  Also, you can use them in stuffing or rice to go with poultry.  Yum! 



One of the ways that you can save money on the grocery bill is to make it a point mid week to survey the fridge and use up the little odds and ends hiding in there.  When the Dijon mustard jar is almost completely done, make a oil and vinegar dressing right in the jar. Cover the jar and shake it.  

That's all for today.  

The ads come out today, but I have a full day, probably Tommorrow.  

Thanks for stopping by

Please share

Jane 














No comments:

Post a Comment