Friday, March 10, 2017

Bazaar grocery outlet and dollar store haul

This is something short of unreal.   We went to a nearby town on business.  I always go to grocery outlet and the dollar tree on the way home.   The savings pays for our gas with our little car.   I shopped at dollar tree as usual.   Then I went next door to grocery outlet and shopped as usual.  It's an overstock store and it's a you snooze , you loose.  Buys here today, gone tomorrow.    We got up to tuemcheckstand and the system was down and we couldn't use our debit cards.   The lady behind us offered to pay ahead our order.  That has never happened to me.   We did t take her up on her offer, thanked her, the clerk suspended our order and my husband left me there while he ran to the nearest branch of our bank and got cash.   Meantime I went to the front of the store in order to not be in anyones way.  Looking out the window, I saw the truck our PD was looking for because they hit and ran  and injured a road worker.   I called 911, but when you call with a cell phone, it takes a while to get to the proper people.   Don't know if I helped or not.   Crazy.   We f the machines weren't down, I would have never been looking out the window.  

On to the grocery hauls

Dollar store
Barilla speghetti, a full pound
Pinto beans
Brown rice. Grown in USA.

Grocery outlet
Coffee 299- maxwell house
Mixed fruit in a jar 199
Sliced cheese 2.39

Saved more than I spent.  



No comments:

Post a Comment