Monday, March 4, 2013

Monday Madness - Alternative shopping

Yesterday we went to breakfast...the cheaper way to go out on a "date" . Breakfast is much cheaper than lunch or dinner. Afterwards we went alternative shopping.

At the Goodwill, I got a new (as in never worn) shirt and a pair of denium shorts with pink roses embroderied on them. for my grandaughter. I also found a
bunny book and a new bunnie cookie cutter set. Magazines are .50. cooking magazines don't go out of date much. All for 6.30 including tax.

We went to Big Lots. They were having their one day only twenty percent off the entire store sale. I got all kinds of canned goods really cheap. Triskit crackers were 1.60. Diced tomatoes that were .80 on sale were .48. Pickles .80. Pineapple, large can was .80. Pineapple and cottage cheese is a good lunch. Also, pineapple teryicki burgers are delicious. We tend to eat burgers in the summer. Ranch Dressing was an extra large bottle, twenty percent off. 2.40. Whole wheat pasta was .80. Also, pasta with servings of veggies in them. They might be a good way to get veggies into pickie eaters.

The Grocery Outlet was less fruitful. I got a box of soup for 1.29. The soup boxes run upwards of three dollars. Tomato red papper is sometimes cheap at Costco, they don't always have it. They had a lot of cheeses, Tillamook cheese slices were 3.50 a pound. They have romano and parmesean for 2.00 a carton usually. Coffee is really cheap always.

I am working on the regular computer, my tablet lost the ability to get an internet connection. Bummer, I do a lot of research and development for my businesses on it. I really miss it. Hope my husband can get it fixed today.

Thanks for stopping by

Please Share

Jane


No comments:

Post a Comment