Pork loin is versatile. The difference is that some things I buy, I cook ahead. Some of the pork, I do not.
Five things to make with Pork loin :
- Cut a 1/2 inch slice if the end, and set aside, the cut enough pork chops for a couple of meals. There are a lot of crock pot and other recipes out there for pork chops. My favorite is to make a stuffing with a little chicken broth, dry bread cubes, and a chopped up apple, poultry seasoning. Put in a greased baking dish. Brown the pork chops on both sodes, and add to the baking dish . Finish off in a 350 degree oven I til the pork chops are done and the stuffing is warm.
- Cut off a two pound section for a roast. You can roast that the day you bring it home or shortly after. More later. *
- Cut the first slice and the end pieces into cubes for stew
- Pot pie,
- cooked cubes over rice,potatoes, or noodles. ( same as stew beef)
- Sweet and sour pork over rice ( same as chicken )
- Fried rice
- * After you have a dinner of roast pork! slice it thin and make BBQ pork sandwiches.
You can freeze the pork sliced thin, or use it for a second meal the same week.
Pork chops can be frozen as well as the cubes with some of the juice from baking.
Thanks for stopping by
Please share, and follow