Monday, August 10, 2015

Oatmeal- a healthy way to start your day.



18 servings of instant oatmeal is 3.99 on sale at grocery outlet.   92 servings of oatmeal is 7.99 at Costco.   That breaks down to .22 each for instant and .09 each for scratch.   Scratch takes no more time or energy to make.    

Instant 
1) measure water and place in  bowl.  2) open package and pour into the water3) place bowl in microwave,  program microwave and push  start button.   
Regular oats 
1) measure 1 cup water 2) place water in bowl.  3) measure 1/2 cup oatmeal and place in bowl.   4) program microwave for 1-1/2 minutes and push start.   
I keep a 1/2 cup measure in the canister.   

 Two and a half  servings for the price of one.  








2 comments:

  1. I KNOW but I just can't get into oatmeal. I've tried overnight, baked, filled with sugar, and even savory. I just can't get into it. I wish I could. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't for a long time. My sis made it when my mom was pg and sick. Thick and lumpy. LOl.

    ReplyDelete