Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Tuesday Notes

Its the first day of spring and I want to talk about the snowball effect.   Not too strange, we hae had snow this late before.   Saving money on groceries to reach a bottom line is like rolling a snowball from a mass that fits inside your fist to the size of a snowman head.   It might take some time, but it has a great reward.   Savings amass with time.

I priced a jar of ragu for 2.00 this morning at Wallmart on line.   We paid .79 with a sale and coupon .
That’s roughly 1.20 per jar.  We bought 4 for a total savings of 4.80.   Now, if I took that 4.80 and I added .20 cents to it and bought 2 lbs of cheese at safeways, I would have 2 lbs of cheese an 4 jars of pasta sauce for  about the same price as I would have if I just went to wallmart and bought the jars of pasta sauce.    Stay with me.  

I bought pasta sauce and saved 4.80
I added .20 and bought cheese  5.00

Saved 7.00

Now I have:   4 jars of pasta
                       2 lbs of cheese
Take the 7,.00 saings  on the cheese and buy
English muffins, whole wheat
Bagels, whole wheat
Hot dog nuns
Rye breads


Now you have
4 jars of pasta
2 pounds of cheese
A package of bagels
Hot dog buns
Rye bread
English muffins
And you have 3 dollars left/

That buys the hot dogs to go with the buns

Now you have spent 8.00
And you hae
4 jars of pasta
2 pounds of cheese
4 packages of bread
And a package of Nathan’s hot dogs.

Or \another way to look at it is that you got 34.00 worth of food for 14.80 for a savings of 19.20.




                     

No comments:

Post a Comment