Thursday, March 6, 2014

To Thursday.

It's Thursday.  I had another bout with Mr. Barrett, so I didn't sleep last night.  Baby came up to visit really early, because her mom had to of to the dentist before work. Ugh!   I digress, this is  about food.

What to do with what you got.

There is not a lot of sales this week.  Cheese is  on a good sale several places.  If  you already have some bricks; grate it , add a couple of tablespoons of cornstarch to it, and freeze it.
I have run on to a couple of new Mac and cheese recipes lately that kick the childhood favorite up a notch.  Pasta is .79 at Fred Meyers threw this Saturday. Milk is  on sale at ALBERTSONS, as well as clams.  Can't you kist smell the clam chowder.   LOL.  I have,  however , got clams for a dollar recently. SAFEWAYS has pork loin for 1.99.  The only problem I see with that is that you have to buy the whole thing and it has already been frozen. They have pot roast for 2.99.  That would've a nice treat.   Shrimp is five dollars a pound., a nice  treat too.  I usually stor fry ot with some veggies, my husband would eat a whole pound by himself!

Campbell's soup is .69, and there are ten cent per coupons out there.

Top foods has diced tomatoes for two bucks.  That just goes to show you that not everything in an ad is a real sale.  I pay a buck for those cans.  Even of you buy two small cans for .68 each, you won't have two bucks.  Sometimes,  smaller cans are cheaper.  You really need to know your prices.

I guess it doesn't matter whether you have the same prices in your neck of the woods or not, knowing your prices and taking advantage of a good sale to use the products in your meal plans is a good way to cut your food bill. Once your stock is built, just add the things that you don't normally buy to keep your mealtimes fresh.  Add veggies that are in season and inexpensive.

Thanks for stopping by

Please share

Jane



No comments:

Post a Comment