Wednesday, November 26, 2014

No ads yet!

I have in ads yet.   I did find a Betty Crocker ap on my I pad.   Ots 15000 recipes on a "book" and they are all catalogued.   I found a yummy recipe for salad for thanksgiving.   The Betty Crocker e mail came through with a whole bunch if cheese cake recipes for thanksgiving,,,yum!  

The best part of thanksgiving is the leftovers.    I have a turkey in the freezer and will make it after the holiday,   This is a good time when the proce of the turkey's is cheap.   Of you are shopping at Fred Meyer for chrostmas presents, with 150.00 including your groceries, the turkey is free.   I don't usually spend 150.00 on groceries at one time,   I'm not seeing many real bargains at Fred Meyers for groceries.   I did replace our toaster ( the old one didn't toast one side) for 1/2 off and the good crock pot is 39.99 and you get a ten dollar gift card with it.   I have a good crockpot, so I don't need one,  
I have said many times that a crockpot is your best friend in the kitchen.  

The easiest way to get a chicken cooked  is to put an onion, roughly chopped, in the bottom of a crockpot.  Dry your chicken, rub the skin with a dry rub, and place it dry in the crockpot .  Cook on high for an hour a pound,   Os will not give you an oven roasted type of chicken.   The breast stays intact, but the part of the chicken that is under the broth is more like you would use for soup, or enchiladas.   I used this recipe when the freezer quit and we had to cook many chicken fast!    If you have no time, ot soma good way to get a chicken cooked and ready for numerous chicken recipes.  
Your non passive cooking is about five minutes.  

I play a game and see just how much I can get done while my oatmeal is cooking in the morning.   You would be surprised!   I only watch the microwave if I am melting chocolate or butter.  

Speaking of butter, it is 2.50 at Fred Meyers.   A good time to stock up.  You can freeze it.   Just in time for Christmas baking, I don't do much because no one eats it,  

That's about all.


Thanks for stopping by
Please join and share

Jane








No comments:

Post a Comment