Monday, December 1, 2014

Shopping trip

Yesterday I braved the cold...LOL ... And went shopping.    We just went to grocery outlet.    I saved as much as I spent,     Coffee is always a. Season.  We got regular coffee and I got a package of k cups for three dollars.   I always get two cups out of a pod.  

Cheese continues to be a bargain.    I got cookies for 4/1.00 and there are foit cookies on the package.   Kinda remind me of the snowballs we got occasionally when we were kids-- a whole lot smaller .  

Cream puffs were on a sale.  Thought I would have them for holiday!   The look on granddaughters face was priceless!     Sunflower seeds are a treat for my husband.    Yoplait was a reasonable cost.  

Organic soup base and beer bread.  

Sounds like a hodge lodge, but I spent 2/3 of the grocery money and saved as much as I spent.   Shopping the.soecials that are truly soecials means that you done have to buy a weeks groceries.   You have stock and can buy what is in sale that week. I have a turkey on the freezer.  

Grocery outlet is not a bargain on everything,   I link for certain things,    Cheese and coffe are the main draws for us,   Usually you can get five pounds of fries for a small amount too.   Sometimes sweet potato fries.  

Betty Crocker has a month of December meals on their e mail this week.   Fast and easy.   A lot of them call of a ready made,but most ofmthemti,emyou,can get enough of a inspiration to make it from scratch.  

To answer a question I got, white sauce is what cream of mushroom soup is if you want to replicate a recipe without using a can.  

I try to get Christmas work done before mid month.   I am far behind other years because of ill health and having to rebuild the business.  On the other hand, I don't have to go to work so I can get more done. Things will work put.  I don't bake anymore. No one eats ot and my children bake.  

Thanks for stopping by

Please share

Jane











No comments:

Post a Comment