Friday, June 3, 2016

Hot weather ahead.

Meal plans about to change.    Hot weather osmahead and that's when it's more appropriate to either have cold food or make dinner on the crockpot, pressure cooker, or BBQ so the kitchen isn't hotter than it already is.    We don't have air conditioning because hot so not the norm for this part of he country.   We use fans or head for the beach!    The kids have a new water park.

I did buy cream cycles , chocolate and strawberry.    I have pop cycle forms I got from Fred Meyers on sale last year.    Time to make some raspberry tea and break out the yogurt for  yogurt pops.

I did get help to summarize the deck yesterday.   I purchased an RV rug from Amazon,   IT was realitively inexpensive and makes going  barefoot a lot more pleasant out there.    On hot days, it's on the east side of the house so eating out there is really pleasant.

Rug from Amazon,   Trays from the dollar store.   I really wanted blue, but there were green , amd orange left and one blue one.   

We have hamburger bins and hamburger parties on the freezer.   I think I'll make suddenly salad with olive oil this morning and a tomato and cucumber salad.   I'll take granddaughter along for the ride.   

Half an hour total to make two salads - in the fridge cooling.


First up....suddenly salad.   There are coupons out there, I got most of these for .75. I add black olives and usually tomatoes.   This time we are also having tomato and cucumber salad, so I opted n



Suddenly salad has been on sale for a dollar and there are coupons making it about .75.  Black olives are .58 at Winco this week.   






Boil the noodles for 12 minutes.   Leaving a wooden spoon in the pot is supposed to keep it from
boiling over.  






While the water was coming up to a boil, I peeled stripes into a English cucumber (.78 at Winco) and sliced it into chunks.  De seeded  it and quartered the chunks.    I bought a new Betty Crocker peeler from the dollar store.   This is for the cucumber/ tomato salad.








While the pot is boiling, prep your sink with a colander and a small bowl of ice.   When the noodles are done, drain them and chill with the ice.   




I'm a small bowl. Add water and olive oil to seasoning packet.   I added the black olives to marinate.    
Add dressing to drained pasta on a refrigerator bowl.  Cover and chill 


Meanwhile, back at the counter. ..




Cucumbers are cut up and in a deli container ready for the tomatoes.    







No comments:

Post a Comment