Friday, February 10, 2017

Ten things to do with potatoes.

Friday's can be bucket days,    I'm working in antheme based site.   Please feel free to comment on any ideas you would like to see.  

Yesterday. Was a roll with the lunches day,   I had my first computer generated crown set.   A lot of stiff in your mouth.   Fortunately, they do things in stages so you can rest your what technology jaw in between.   I had waited as long as I could , more of my tooth disintegrated while the dentist was working on it.    Very interesting where  technology is taking us.

I had made brats in the pressure cooker with  a tomato and peppers  base.  We didn't like the peppers that way. It made them pasty feeling.  To salvage five dollars worth of peppers. I put the sauce back in the pressure cooker   last night, added a jar of pasta sauce and a package of extra fiber soeghetti.   Cooked it for five minutes,   Meantime, I sliced the brats in coins and fried them.   It came out very good.   I was surprised and hoping the pasta wouldn't be over cooked. It was just right.  

I still have enough to make something else out of the meat.  
I got ten pounds of potatoes for two dollars at Fred Meyers last week.  I still had a few potatoes left.  
I digress. Ten things to do with potatoes.  


  • Baked potato bar.    Bake potatoes. Serve with anything that you can stuff  a potato with-- sour cream, broccoli, chilli, cheese, bacon, diced cooked chicken. Anything you can think of.    
  • Potato soup 
  • Clam chowder 
  • Scalloped potatoes with ham ( or sausage coins. ) 
  • Mashed potatoes 
  • Oven roasted root veggies : potatoes, carrots, radishes, turnips, rutabagas ... cut in sizes that will roast evenly, toss with olive oil and salt and pepper. . . And bake at 400 until done.  Or, you can bakelonger if you have something else in the oven like chicken at 375. 
  • french fries 
  • Chilli fries
  • Lefsa 
  • Potato dumplings 
  • Boiled potatoes 
  • Potato rolls 
  • Potato pancakes 
  • Lemon potatoes 

Please share .  Thanks for stopping by 

No comments:

Post a Comment