Sunday, October 22, 2017

Meal Plans

A note on perspective —we have a ton of carrots to use up because we had a vegetable try last week . Some meals didnt happen last week, we had alternatives so they are reappearing on the meal plan.   Pizza and breakfast for dinner are staples in this house.  


  1. Pork stew , with carrots, potatoes, celery.   Bread 
  2. Pizza
  3. Chicken and noodles in the insta pot.  Add carrots and peas 
  4. Enfrijoladas. Greens, tomatoes, salsa,sour cream
  5. Chicken parm, speghetti, greens, bread
  6. Salmon patties, rice medley, broccolli 
  7. Breakfast 4 dinner. 
Notes: 
  1. pork stew meat comes from the end of a pork loin.  Pork loin is 2.00 this week.   A little higher than I like to pay, I have some in the freezer that I got for 1.79.  Using up carrots.   
  2. Pizza costs 1.04....a little cheaper now that we got cheese for 2.05 a lb.   
  3. trying chicken and noodles in the insta pot—four minutes.   
  4. Enfrijoladas are a new to me Tex mex dish from Betty Crocker.  
  5. Chicken parm is a good go to when you dont have a lot of time.   Pasta was purchased on sale for .72 and sauce for .59.   
  6. Salmon patties from canned salmon from costco bought on sale for 3.00 off a ‘case” .  Aka stack.  
  7. Breakfast for dinner.  Eggs are .78 at FM (kroger) .   
Getting virtually everything on sale at as close to 1/2 price as I can and limiting the diversity of products is how I feed us on about 40 percent of the USDA stats for “poor” people.   They call it thrifty.   We eat well.  We eat balanced.  There is always fresh fruit in the house of some kind.  This week it’s will probably be bananas, apples, blackberries, blueberries, and grapes.   I make our own bread sometimes.   I also have been getting orowheat bread , double fiber, for a dollar at the DT.   
I limit my meat purchases to split chicken breast (foster farms). Whole pork loin that I butcher myself, and extra lean (7-10 percent ) ground sirloin and we eat meatless about 2 times a week.   


No comments:

Post a Comment