Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Betty Crocker Ancient Grains Salad

We are making Betty Crocker Ancient Grains Salad for dinner.  It was a dollar at the Dollar Tree.  I am sure it was one of those items that never made it through the trials.   It is hard to cook and takes a long time. ( the actual 18 minutes didnt work) .  It might serve 3 as a side.   I like the fact that it is quino and wild and brown rice, and it has dried cranberries and almonds in it.   If I were to do it again, I would add a 1/2 cup of cooked rice to the salad to stretch the quanity and I would cook the rice as I would pasta with a lot of water.  The water they called for was used up and the grains were not tender yet.   It tastes good , it just needs some tweaking to work better.  


Along with the ancient Grains salad, we had a tomato salad with olive oil and basil. And a hamburger. .

For four people :
1/2 pkg. Hamburger  buns   .88
Ancient grains salad 1.05
Tomato salad 1.04
Hamburger 2.44

Total.  5.41









No comments:

Post a Comment