Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Tuesday Notes : motivation

We all get them:   Creative slumps.....writers block....robots heads...whatever you call it , its normal.

Sometimes, just putting on upbeat music and an apron helps.   Sometimes not....

I always get more done if I have a list.   It motivates me to see how many things I can check off the list.   Its a tool to keep yourself on track and doing things in a logical sequence.

I purchased a couple of books at the DT.   One on burgers, and one on chicken.   Both have spice blends and sauce recipes that are not our usual fare and will spice up our meals.   Sometimes it s just fun to try something different .

I remember the first time I has tacos, it was at a friends birthday party.  I was maybe 13.   My mother never did cook tacos.   I made them again when I got married.    My mother cooked pizza in the 50’s, but that was about it for any foods other than the basics. How times change.

Spring is here and summer is not far behind.   One of my tracks for summer is to make a bunch of salads on the weekend or on Kitchen Management day.   Then dinner can be hot dogs ,hamburgers, grilled chicken etc that can be cooked on the grill if it is hot in the kitchen.   Tacos are another meal that you can do in a short amount of time to get out of the hot kitchen.  Precooked ground meat that is in portion controlled bags is a real time and money saver.

Time to get the deck cleaned from the winter and set up to be able to eat outside.

Burgers:

Black and Blue:  blue cheese, salt and pepper
Indian Turkey
Black bean burger
Buffalo chicken burger
Portobello Burger


Chicken:
Curried chicken
Sticky Soy Orange chicken
Chicken with lemon and ginger
Chicken Fajitas
Hosin Chicken with mustard and brown sugar.
Jamaican Jerk Chicken
Asian Chicken
Chili fried chicken




No comments:

Post a Comment