Friday, May 31, 2019

Chili

Chili  is an inexpensive dish to make and can be easy made in a slow cooker or an  insta pot.
It is also very versatile . Besides a meal of chili, you can add pasta to the leftovers and stretch it for another meal.  You can also is use it  along with other ingredients for a  baked  potato bar.  Chili dogs? 

Add chili to rice and condiments like sour cream, lettuce, cheese, tomatoes or guacamole for a burrito bowl.

Ground turkey was on sale recently.  You can use canned beans, or cook beans quickly on the insta pot.   Any bean or combination of beans will work.   And, ground beef will also work.   Don’t limit yourself to a basic recipe.  You can make a substitution.   If you don’t have something, replace it with something of the same flavor or texture.  My husband won’t eat onions. Of I need something to replace the bulk of onions, I often add celery.  Of I don’t need the bulk, I add onion powder or grate a piece of onion on the micro plane . I only buy diced tomatoes.   I sometimes buy seasoned diced tomatoes; it saves time and money.   I usually have a couple of small cans of tomato sauce and some tomato powder.  If I use seasoned tomatoes, I omit the spices and adjust seasoning to taste.


30 minute chili in the insta pot or pressure cooker
10 minutes hands on time.
2 quarts - serves 8

1# ground turkey , cooked
2 cans / 4 cups of beans
1 -15 ounce can diced tomatoes
1 - 8 oz can tomato sauce
1 small red pepper , chopped
1 cup beef broth ( bouillon )
1 T taco seasoning

Combine all ingredients.
Process on high for 5 minutes
When finished, let naturally release for 10 minutes and manually finish it.

Serve with sour cream, chopped  jalapeños, and/or tortilla strips or chips.



No comments:

Post a Comment