Friday is supposed to be recipe day,
White chicken enchiladas
1 cup diced or shredded cooked chicken
1 cup grated cheese, ( I used pizza cheese )
8 med sized flour tortillas
4 T butter
4 T flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
Diced green chilies
- Fill the tortillas with equal amounts of chicken and 1/2 of the cheese. Roll up and place in greased baking pan.
- Make sauce . In saucepan on stovetop, melt butter and make a roux . Cook a few minutes. Add chicken stock a little at a time to make a thickened sauce. Remove from heat and add sour cream and chilies.
- Pour over prepared enchiladas
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Baka at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted .
This could be a really inexpensive meal
Chicken and chicken stock is from the rib bones I cooked from de-boning the split breasts.
Cheese is purchased at two dollars a pound . .50 (Costco)
I don't cost flour . It is a basic pantry item.
Butter - .25 ( FM or QFC)
Sour cream - 1.00 ( FM)
Green chilies .58 (Winco)
Tortillas .75 ( dollar store)
3.08. If you add 1/2 pound of chicken assuming you don't have "found" chicken and chicken stock made from granules. 1.00 and essentially another pantry item that is too inexpensive to count,
Well under five dollars and you can add a side of lettuce and tomato.