Thursday, February 9, 2017

Special grocery haul

Yesterday, we mad a quick grocery haul.  

Split chicken.  breasts were 1.50 at QFC.  They were Washington grown, but Draper Valley.  I was not  impressed with the cleanliness or the way it was cut.   It was about .75 cheaper than Foster farms, but , in my opinion Foster Farms is a lot better quality.    I did manage tomde-bone them and cook the bones for stock and pieces.  

I also got berries for two dollars and butter for  2.50.  

After already shopping at Winco and Fred Meyers, I didn't need much, but didn't want to pass up the butter  and chicken,  

Yesterday, I made brats and peppers in the insta pot.  I wouldn't do it again.   It was fast as far as throwing ingredients in the pot.   I didn't like the texture of the brats.   I thought no I will chop them small and add them to pasta sauce.   Meat in the pressure cooker is  more boiled than fried.   There is a sauté function.   Frozen chicken to use in chicken recipes is wonderful.   You can fry hamburger and make chillI.  

We are stocked to the point where I will need fruit and veggies in a week or so, but probably,nit much more.    We are dwindling our diced tomatoes, but can wait for a good sale.   It's a good place to be, especially when it's snow season.   To the rest of the country, Seattle is built on hills.   We are six blocks from the ocean,    To go anywhere, you have to go up steep hills. Some years we have no snow at all, we are not as prepared as say, those in Minnesota.   LOL.  









No comments:

Post a Comment