Wednesday, July 27, 2016

How times have changed

I was researching my notes and recipes from long ago and found a meal plan from May 2002.   How times have changed.  We still eat on a strict budget, it's just that the meals have taken a drastic change.   Between the cost of food going up dramatically,  and  some people opting for "special" diets,  things aren't quite the same,  



  • Pizza 
  • Meatballs 
  • Ham quiche 
  • Hamburgers 
  • Meatloaf 
  • Dagwood sandwiches 
  • Tuna casserole 
  • Beef briskit 
  • BBQ beef Sandwiches 
  • Pizza, ham, pineapple, peppers 
  • Hot dogs 
  • Roast chicken 
  • Sloppy joes 
  • Chicken pot pie 
  • Tacos, refried beans, rice 
  • Shrimp muffins, potato soup
  • Pizza: chicken, onion, black olives 
  • BBQ spareribs, salads 
  • Roast pork loin 
  • Shrimp fettuccini 
  • Pork stir fry 
  • Quiche (bacon) 
  • Tuna casserole 
  • Pasta bake , spinach salad w bacon and egg 
  • Steak, 
  • Roast chicken 
  • Hamburgers
  • London broil
  • Pizza 
  • Chicken casserole 
  • Spareribs

I am seeing a drastic cut on the amount of beef we are eating,   We aren't eating the portions of meat we did before, or the amount of processed meat.    Some things never change, tacos and pizza continue to be our favorites.   I still piggy back meat.   Pasta bake is what my nephew has named no Brainer pasta.   

Times change, we have to roll with the flow.   We still eat more than the RDA of protein. And we still eat Balanced.   We have adjusted our meals to reflect the changing marketplace.   When beef took a HUGE leap in prices, we started eating more chicken. I cooked a lot of scratch food then too.     I had a pizza recipe that is made on the food processor.    I have since then got a bread baker  and have found a cold rise recipes.    I was baking sour dough from scratch, but it had to be made frequently, and we weren't eating enough to keep it going.     I am going to try a pizza dough that is made in the kitchen aid.    

Fourteen years have seen a lot of changes.    Some food, some not so good.   The bottom line is life goes on-- .   

Many years ago , someone predicted we would t be eating, we would just take pills.   I said , never.
Niw, my daughter has decided she is going to be vegan.    She plugs in what she ears to a program on her phone, and supplements what nutrients she needs with pills ( vitamins ) .   Who would have dreamed.    I'm not sure  that  is the healthiest way to eat, but time will tell.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment