Monday, August 29, 2016

Perfectionist or not so much

moone ever accused me of being s perfectionist.   It's just not my personality,    My Mac and cheese doesn't have to have just the right amount of dark spots on it to be good.    Make look tasty, season it so it tastes good, bit go on to the next thing to do.  I always have a to do list as long as your arm, so perfectionism just slows me down.   

I use spell check. I am writing this in a reader that won't scroll and sometimes I am writing it blind.   It outs words in my mouth.  This thing must have a relationship with chocolate because it says Oreo all the time.   LOL.  I try my best, but I will never live up to the perfectionist.    Ain't gonna happen.    
Today on my list is to 
  • Clean myself up 
  • Write a blog 
  • Do the kitchen management which includes making bread from scratch , washing the f,Ior and fridge, regrouping things on the pantry.    Posting the meals on the fridge.    Posting the sakes slips for food and downloading coupons,   
  • Clean my studio and start another inventory section 
  • Call the pt and see when my a lot is so I haven't double booked appointments.  
  • Find a ride to a meeting 
  • Babysit my granddaughter 
  • Get the garden cut down and ready for fall.    
  • Figure out how a picture works on the blog now that Google changed the program.  
  • Figure out how to be able to have both the reader and the printer on wifi at the same time,   Arh!   
Just get it done.    If I had to worry about perfection, I wouldn't get it all done.    I admire perfectionists when it comes to woodworking, or a painting, and we can all strive for it.   But getting things done around the house is not a time  for perfection unless you are getting your house ready to sell.    

Groceries on the cheap is looking at the "put the meal on the table train" from  a different perspectives

The emphasis is on purchasing good shelf stable or frozen food  for a RBP in quantity - enough to last you until they goes on sale again or to keep a controlled non-perishable stock of the things you  use  on a weekly basis. 

This means that instead of shopping daily or weekly for just the things you need to cook your meals for the week. You go to two stores and buy :
1) a protein that is a RBP - enough to make that meal for x number of days. (I.e.: if you eat it once a week, buy enough for 4 meals.)
2) produce and dairy you will need to fill in the meals for the week. 
3) a stock item, if you need to and it is on a RBP - enough to fill in to your self imposed stock level. 

You often are paying 1/2 price for your food.   This allows you to put well-balanced meals on the table consistently on a four dollar a day per person budget.   You spend more time on the 
locomotive ( planning and shopping ) end of the train, and less time in the caboose ( kitchen )by
cooking more efficiently. 

 Four dollars a day is the target amount for people on snap.   My premise is that of you can do it on 4 dollars a day, spending

No comments:

Post a Comment