Monday, August 22, 2016

Winco.

Hadn't intended to go near a grocery store but my daughter had used all the onions.  Of course, I can't blame her that I walked out of the store ten dollars poorer.    I guess if you want to look at it that way,   We are also a lot richer in food.    Cantaloupe was .28 a pound.   I also used my last coupon for meatballs that,netted almost a pound for 1.25.   I surely can't make meatballs for  1.25 a pound.    A large tub of hummus was two dollars and chicken noodle soup was .75 and  I had coupons.   It's granddaughters most favorite thing to eat and has been since she was tiny.   It's a good go to when she doesn't want our dinner or it isn't appropriate for her to eat what we are having.   I picked up a tomato sauce for our penne pasta later in the week, and oh, yes, I did remember the onions.    LOL

We are well stocked.   We had chicken enchiladas for dinner.    I was listening to a lady that was talking about five dollar dinners for their family of seven.    It made me well aware ofmthemfact that food costs vary between coasts and in different parts of the country.  With communications so great, you forget that there is still things that enter into making food prices different in different parts of the country.   Still, the principles of groceries on the cheap don't change.  It all works.    Snap is suppose to take into consideration the COL index for your part of the country.  




No comments:

Post a Comment