I have been reading a lot of blogs on budget food. It goes back to eating cheap food, or food cheap. I feel that eating well balanced and a variety of foods is better than eating very little and empty calories. In Other words, you can pay full price for top ramen and a box of imitation cheese, or you can pay 1/2 price for real vegetables and real meat. Don't skimp om the food value, skimp on the amount you pay for good food.
Beefy Spanish Rice
1 cup uncooked brown rice
1 pound ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cans diced tomatoes
1tsp celery salt
1 tsp salt
1 tsp honey
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1cup ( 4 ounces) shredded cheese
1) cook rice
2) cook beef and onions until meat is no longer pink, drain.
3) Stir in tomatoes, seasoning, and rice.
4) put in greased baking dish
5) cover and bake at 350 for 50 minutes.
6) uncover, sprinkle with cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted
Note. You can sauté onion, or zap in the microwave and add it to already cooked beef.
1 pound of ground beef nets about 3/4 of a pound cooked.
Rice can be cooked ahead, but don't hold it longer than two days. Cooked rice and veins have a short refer life.
Thanks for stopping by
Please shAre with Facebook or twitter.