Thursday, October 11, 2012

Yesterday I watched "The Chew".

Yesterday I watched "The Chew". It was all about a dollar a plate. Actually, you can get some nice plates at the dollar store for a buck! LOL

One contribution was angel hair pasta with parsley, olive oil, garlic, and parm. It looked really good ,but most men I know would be looking around for the next course.

Yesterday we had a vegetarian version of sausage bean soup. It cost 3.25. I served it with cheese quesadas. For less than the cost of two cans of chunky soup, I got six quarts of soup-- a lot less than a buck a serving.

My catch phrase is 4 plus 1 equals 5. Four people, One meal, Five bucks.
I don't always cook five dollar meals, but I try to average 5 dollar meals.
Meat has taken about a twenty five cent a pound hike. I suspect,we have only just begun. My plan is to add another vegetarian meal to the mix and maintain the average when meat prices get too high.


This weeks plans

1) Pork Loin Roast , mashed potatoes, glazed carrots, salad
2) pork chops, dressing, broccolli
3) meat balls with cream gravy on noodles, green beams, salad
4) Mac and cheese, mixed vegetables
5) vegetable soup , cheese sandwiches
6) tuna melt, veggie sticks
7) London broil, baked potatoes, salad




thanks for stopping by

Please share with Facebook or twitter. You can use the more drop down at the top of this page.

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment