Monday, May 6, 2013

More than free alert

I was playing around on the Internet...have to stay in bed , so I might as well make myself useful.  haha.

Rite Aid has a coupon for baby food......please don't stop reading cause you don't have a baby.    

If you buy six baby food with the coupon, it costs .91 less than the nine dollars you get in store credit.
Essentially, the baby food is FREE.  you are money ahead to give a baby food for a couple of days!
I am positive the food bank would welcome the donation!!!!


I , in the interest of trying to lower food bills any way possible, without taking my entire day up doing it, watched extreme couponing the other night.  It was a gal from Lynnwood.  I am sure they were shopping at the Lynnwood Fred Meyers.  First of all, it sounded to me that she was breaking rules that I understood all coupons to say.  the thing that stood out the most was that they had never tasted couscous and yet she purchased some 134 boxes of it to use in a year.  That's 2.5 boxes a week.
She also bought 93 bottles of hot sauce and 600 candy bars,  Who needs that much hot sauce?  And I'll bet the kids dentist  isn't thrilled with 600 candy bars either!!!!

I found a good website.   coupon connections,com.   She is writing out of Lynnwood and pairs local coupons with local sales.  I wouldn't spend a lot of time on it, but if I had access to the ads and I needed the product, and if it was free or  below my target price, I might be tempted.

The bottom line is it is worth my time if  is it something I need or can give to the food bank.

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment