Friday, November 8, 2013

Finally Friday

It's finally Friday .

I haven't found chicken for under 1.29 for several weeks now.  Sausage is up from 2.00 to 2.30 and beef, well, it's about double.  I hear that the average SNAP is being cut 35.00.  It's not a good combination.  Our social security raise is only 1.5 percent and all the utilities and food are going up.  Besides taxes, that's our largest expenses.

This isn't  about doomsday.   It's about the fact that I know thrifty shopping is needed more than it was before and I haven't found an avenue to reach more people.  Not that I could have this last week.LOL. That's why stocking helps.  I'm not stuck buying chicken at a thirty percent increase yet.  Maybe I'll find a sale yet.  There is always hope.  There are still a lot of recipes put there for tasty dinners.  I haven't found a good pasta sale lately either.  I have a lot I got for .50.

Chicken pot pie
Chicken enchilada soup
Pesto chicken with bow ties.
White chilli
Buffalo,chicken pizza

My process for making meal plans begins with looking over the fridge and making a note of what needs to be eaten.  I already know what is on the pantry because I keep the same things on a regular basis.  This limits the things I HAVE to remember at the grocery store, which is a good thing when you are over the hill.  LOL
Now, I need to find the cheapest meat that my family will eat, and what I might need to stock.  There are some things that we eat a regular basis.

Safeway has chicken leg quarters 1.29. Country style spareribs  are 1.99.  Butterball turkey is a 1.29 but you have to spend $50 at Safeway to get it.  There is also a three dollar coupon out there.  They want you to buy some other things, but that doesn't exclude you from using your best coupons to get deals on them as well.  I haven't seen a matchup or studied it myself yet to see if it is a good deal.  Of someone sees something before I do, please share.  Skippy peanut butter is 1.99@.betty Crocker cake mix is .99@&$.

Top has loin chops for 1.69.  This is hard because it is hard to control portions and can bounce up the price of meat per serving.  Chicken whole is 1.39 a pound.  Refried beans and hunts pasta sauce are a RBP.  Time to stock.

QFC has pork shoulder roast for 1.79.  Oranges are .68.  Milk is 1.29 on( b10S 5) .  Along with 1.99 butter and 1.79 triskit.  Chili is .99$$, 2#potatoes are 2.49 frozen.  Cake mix .99$$

If I had to pick a batch meat, I would pick the pork shoulder or buy a .69 turkey if I had 50.00 worth of stuff from SAFEWAYS.

I have a coupon for free frozen veggies from QFC.  Otherwise, they are cheapest at the dollar store.  There is a coupon in the insert that came with out RP thos week for hefty slider bags, 1.00 off two.  The dollar store has them and the sandwich bags are a buck, so one is free.  I like free.  LOl. The RP also has a buck off m&m s.  What's not to like about that.

I am bribing my granddaughter to use the potty chair.  My husbands mother used to call peeing, tinkle.  It sounds so much more ladylike.  I told my granddaughter of she tinkled on the potty chair, I would give her an M&M.  She promptly, went in to the bathroom, went tickle, tickle with her fingers on the top of the potty and came to redeem her prize!   Nice try!   LOL

I digress.

Being sick all week, my husband cooked.  His cooking talents are limited to certain things.  Needless to say, we operated off my emergency stash of premades.  I guess that's what premades on stellar sales are for.  I hope weeks like last week are few and far between.  My poor husband had to work my shifts, and keep the house running, somewhat!  

Thanks for stopping by

Pleas share

Jane














No comments:

Post a Comment