Sunday, November 10, 2013

Jane vs the Extremmies

I thought I would talk about some things that I haven't talked about lately and clear up some differences  what you see on videos and real life.  ( In Washington anyway) .  Most of the techniques I talk about will work no matter where you live.

The basics of reading an ad.
Three for xxx dollars doesn't mean you have to buy three to get the price.  Buy 10. Save xx., however, means you have to buy a quantity of ten to get the discount.  Usually there is a variety of foods on their list.  Usually I can match them with a coupon to sweeten the deal.  So,eti,es, the things are what I wouldn't buy in the first  place.  I pass on those.

If there is an in ad coupon ( I usually tag those with a @@) you have to have the ad to get the deal.  If you buy multiples to the limit imposed on the coupon, you still only need 1 coupon.  You can also match these coupons with a manufacturers coupon.

Of you see BOGO. You can use a manufacturers coupon for the ONE that you are buying.

Some stores limit the number of a single item that you can use coupons for.  Dollar tree will only take two coupons for the same thing in one transaction.  QFC let me use 4 chili coupons and two cake mix coupons.

It's a joke in the coupon world that young male checkers are more even tempered about coupons.  You can be your own judge on that.

Be sure to check sizes of packages, the fine print, and the expiration date.

Just because a coupon comes out in a paper, doesn't mean that that week is the best week to use the coupon.  Sometimes, later is better.  Checking a coupon matchup site is a good thing.

I don't try to use zillions of coupons at the same time.  It's just a courtesy to the clerk.

Apparently, there is no laws about couponing in any particular state.  I have, however, never seen double coupons in this state in the fifty years I have been buying groceries.  That being said, I have seen ALBERTSONS publish a few double coupons in the Sunday paper once.

I, also have not seen where you get a money maker on purchases.  SAFEWAYS has a coupon policy that states if you have a dollar coupon, and a .99 price on an item, you can't use the coupon.  Rite aid is the only place you can make money.  You can use a coupon and get a reward to use another day.

I cannot, nor do I want to coupon for 40-60 hours a week and buy things that I don't want or use to get a bottom line of a penny.  It doesn't make logical sense to me.  And, most of the deals they use on TV are not real.

With that being said, it is still believable to save money using coupons.  The balance of taking a small amount of time is worth the savings.

Thanks for stopping by

Please share

Jane






No comments:

Post a Comment