Friday, May 2, 2014

Freaky Friday

It's Friday. I, not seeing a lot of bargains, so we are not going to buy a lot.  I am running our of the staples like milk, bread, etc.   We might go to Winco instead.   That's my fall back of there are  not any really good specials here.   I might wait until Fred Meyers ads come out tomorrow to see of they ar better.   They seem to have good prices on the basics.   I think they make their money on the other stuff.  Last I looked. Their cheese was higher than the proverbial balls.  

Pasta is on sale several places.  I believe there are pasta coupons out there.   I am reading again where people have the attitude that coupons are only for things that are junk.   That isn't true.  You have to " shop" your coupons just like you shop for anything else.   There is good and there is bad.  

I can most generally find yogurt coupons. Pasta is another staple that I can generally find.  I learned to make pasta in cooking school, but it is a time consuming task that I don't choose to do.   I'd rather be playing with my granddaughter.   I can get pasta for as low as .38.   Paired with a pasta sauce for as low as .78.  And you have a very cheap meal.   I buy any hard cheese I can find.  Parm isn't the only cheese that tastes good on pasta.  I am finding recipe starter for .50 again.   It's a good way to make a fast dinner for low cost.  

Thanks for stopping by

Please share

Jane






No comments:

Post a Comment