Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Meal plans

Developing a meal plan matrix is one of the fastest ways to beat the what's for dinner syndrome.  Everything is better with a plan.   I am working this week with a thirty minutemdinnermcookbook I purchased at the dollar tree.   It is supposed to be five dollar dinner meals.  I'll believe it when I do the math.   LOL

I did a meal plan work sheet.  It has squares for seven days, my matrix, and two columns.  One for food to buy and one for food to use up.  

Meals


  1. ( Ham) and apple waffles 
  2. Chicken primavera rigatoni
  3. Eggs
  4. Sausage and sauerkraut 
  5. Taco salad 
  6. Fish packets 
  7. Chicken enchiladas 
Beef has taken a backseat to chicken because  of prices.   I still try to get two servings a week for the iron.   Beef is still the best way  to get iron on your diet.  At least the most efficient to get it naturally.   
Just my opinion based on information I have found from the USDA.   

The goodwill and/ or the dollar  tree are good sources for cookbooks or magazines for inspiration. Also the  online version of the Betty Crocker  cookbook has searching that will help you plan a meal from the  things you have.   

Thanks for stopping by

Please share 

Jane 







No comments:

Post a Comment