To do that for a family of four, dinner needs to be five dollars. That leaves enough for snacks, drinks (coffee, tea, milk, tea) and breakfast ( muffins, oatmeal, egg muffin occasionally. ) and lunch ( school, leftovers, pb&j, toasted cheese) .
Five $5 dinners
This assumes you are finding RBP and usual stock items that are in a kitchen ( oil, vinegar, etc)
1) slow cooker sausage and bean soup. Chicken stock, 2 cans diced tomatoes, 2 cans beans if choice, 2 stalks celery chopped, 2 carrots, chopped. 1/2 lb cooked sausage ( bulk) . Serve with cheese biscuits.
2) speghetti, red sauce, parmesean cheese for garnish, salad, Speghetti .58, sauce .75, 1/2 lb ground beef 1.65, sour dough French bread .95 (Costco) , lettuce and tomatoes.
3) chicken stir fry, rice. Chicken ( 1/2 breast) 1.00, stir fry vegetables 1.29, rice. .67,
4) bean, rice, chicken burritos. Burritos 1.00, rice .33, beans .53, chicken 1.25 cheese 1.25
5) ham and scalloped potatoes, broccoli . Potatoes 1.00. Ham 2.00, broccoli 1.00.
That's two processed meats. We have left the sausage out of the soup,mot still tastes good.
1 bag of rice cooked, save enough from the stir fry to put in the burritos.
Thanks for stopping by