Is is not what I would recommend you eat on a yearly basis: It has a fair amount of carbs and no fresh food. It's basically survival mode.
Grocery list. Everything is a dollar
1 package instant oatmeal ( a canister would be better if they have it)
1/2 dozen eggs
1 carton almond milk ( our dollar tree does not carry real milk)
1 package top ramen ( 5 or 6 depending on the package )
3 cans pasta sauce ( sometimes there is a coupon so you get four for the ride of 3) this will be split into several meals)
1 pkg speghetti or pasta
1 pkg (2) brown and serve sourdough bread
1 pork chop
1 pkg mixed vegetables
1 pkg stir fry veggies
1 pkg fingerling potatoes ( cook in the oven , smash, and broil ) or substitute instant mashed
1 pkg ( or two with a coupon ) pepperoni
2 packages cheese
1 pkg tortillas
1 pkg peppers (frozen )
2 pounds rice
1 lb beans or a can of chilli
2 portions salmon
1 package broccoli
Oatmeal (5 days) egg 2 days
Top ramen or
- Speghetti with red sauce, sour dough bread. Use 1 bread and all but 2T of red sauce.
- Beef soup. Use 1 can pasta sauce, mixed veggies, top ramen flavor packet, water, and cooked steak that has been cut into small pieces.. And the other 1/2 of the bread.
- Pizza Quesedas. Tomato from reserved sauce, pepperoni, cheese, and some peppers(thawed)
- Pork stir fry and rice . Cook rice reserving 1/2 for another meal. Stir fry pork chop, cut into small pieces, stir fry vegetables. Serve over rice.
- Spanish rice . Use pasta sauce , reserved rice, peppers. (Beans if you cook scratch)
- Burritos made with rice and beans and cheese or chili over rice and Quesedas
- Salmon baked, fingerling potatoes, broccoli.
That's about all. Lots of food for 12.50 a person. Or 1.77 a day.