Sunday, May 6, 2018

Meal plans

ok, this is going to be short and sweet.  My keyboard isn’t working and I have to type with two fingers,    Just another agrevation in a long l o n g. Day.   Mother told me there would be days like this,,,,  

Menus save time and money.



  • Chicken breast, rice, veggies 
  • Pizza
  • Chicken enchaladas 
  • Salmon cakes, veggies, corn 
  • Tacos, refried beans 
  • Pork stew
  • Breakfast for dinner 


We are cooking a load of chicken and hamburger because the freezer decided to hiccup last night and thaw the ice cream.   It magically  decided to run again,   I thawed as much as I could on the refrigerator to cook and save some.   Now I guess I’m going to cook a lot.    Its still a mystery how the freezer just decided to thaw and the fan didn’t work.    

Chicken and rice is easy and will use up some of the chicken I cook,   

Pizza is a good basic.  Everyone likes it and it’s cheap.   A cheese pizza is about a buck when you buy your ingredients on the cheap.   

Chicken enchiladas take a sauce that is homemade.   Enchiladas sauce can be pricey , 

Salmon cakes are good and stretch salmon,    

Tacos are good and the meat is being cooked in batches.   We have plenty of taco shells because if the sales  this week, 

Pork stew is from the pork loin we got last week.  

Breakfast 4 dinner,   Another meal winner. The whole family cooks.   

This example is to show the mindset of how we go about meal planning.   

Next, why.  .....


No comments:

Post a Comment