Monday, July 9, 2012

Cheap not inferior quality

My object is to find good food cheap ; not to find cheap food. There are some things that I will not compromise on. Hot dogs have a lot of "stuff" in them. I only buy nathans or Hebrew national. Hebrew national bothers me because they have less hot dogs in a package than hotdog buns do. Both are good quality. Not everyone carries nathans.

Chicken is the next thing. I only buy northwest chickens that are over 3 pounds -- usually five pounds. They last several meals and a lot can be done with chicken.

I usually stick to the bigger name brands of canned goods. Chicken of the sea tuna is good, but I found that hagan (TOP FOODS brand) is better than chicken of the sea. Bumble bee is good too

You don't have to eat cheap food to eat food cheap.

Eating on a budget can be more healthful than not eating on a budget. Snack and processed foods are usually not that good for you.

We live in a fast paced society. But there are ways to cook dinner fast without resorting to dinner in a box or fast food.

Thanks for stopping by
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment