Monday, October 1, 2018

Kitchen management aka meal prep

When you can make some if your food ahead of the dinner hour, it goes a long way to make the hectic dinner hour less hectic.   It saves time because you re setting ho and using one own instead of many through the week to wash.  So, torn on some peppy music and get started, in no time you will we presently surprised.   The look of that organized refrigerator is totally worth it!

Reminder of meals

  • Chili, beer bread 
  • Pizza
  • Sloppy joes , fries, coleslaw 
  • Chicken tamale pie , lettuce, tomato 
  • Fajitas, 
  • Pork chops with apple, cranberry stuffing 
  • Breakfast for dinner, 
  1. Wash kitchen floor.
  2. Clean out refrigerator and dump anything dead 💀.
  3. Make note of things that need to be used up soon.. check pull dates 
  4. Clean and disinfect counters and sinks and drains. 
  5. Wash potatoes for fries and apples for stuffing,  dry and place in colander, 
  6.  Make beans for chili and make the rest of the chili on the insta pot, programmed for slow cooker.   
  7. Make beer bread 
  8. Replenish any mixes that are running low. 

Note 

How a on the cheap mind works ...lol 

Yesterday, I got baskets at the DT for the freezer.  The new refrigerator came with no bins and just flimsy shelves.   Don’t judge, I had two choices of side by sides in the measurements that would fit our refrigerator space.  One had stationary shelves that were nit the sturdiest and a ice maker with tooo many buttons for a six year old in the house,  I could just see disaster.  Anyway, I have looked at the container store and amazon, and couldn’t find any baskets to fit.  I finally found them at the dollar store, not the best quality I have see , but they will do until I find better.   

Long story shirt, I found a quarter pound of sausage frozen still in its tube.  I thawed it and yesterday , I cooked it while making breakfast.  I let it cool and saved it on a container.   Last night, I made a quiche with hash browns, eggs, sausage, cheese, and an egg mixture.  Sounds terrible, but it was very good.  And, easy. Five minutes work, and 35 minutes in the oven.  

Hash brown patties 1.00
Sausage .50
Cheese .63
Green Pepper slice, .06
Eggs .16
Milk .12

Total  2.47
Strawberries were a dollar at Winco.   







No comments:

Post a Comment