Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Extreme couponing

This week is the first time I have been exposed to an extreme COUPONER. I was at Albertsons in poulsbo. The lady in front of me bought a case of keikomon sauce because she had coupons for free. The checker had to ring them up three at a time because the cash register will only take three coupons per transaction. Now, who needs a case of soy sauce?

My main objection to extreme couponing is that most of the items that have manufacture
Coupons are things that are over priced in the first place and things that you don't need for good nutrition. Why take up room in your pantry with a case of soy sauce or Tabasco sauce when you could be using the space for items that are real food. One woman on a show was real proud of her hall closet full of 2 liter bottles of soda pop.
Who Really needs a closet of soda pop.

I do applaud the people that use coupons for real food that they intend on giving to shelters to Feed the homeless.

I use the store coupons and the new e coupons from Safeways. Seldom do I use manufacture coupons.

I think it is a bit extreme to spend 40 hours a week and two thousand dollars on newspapers to buy food that you cant use before the expiration date. Two thousand dollars will go a long ways to buy real food at discount prices.

Off my soapbox.

Have a wonderful holiday and keep safe.

Thanks for stopping by.

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment