Monday, September 24, 2012

Blog for September 25

I just got home from high tea with my girlfriends. I think that desert is on order.

I think this is like the recipe that we made when I was a kid. Have been looking for it for years. We called it cowboy pudding cake.

1 1/4 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2tsp soda
1/4tsp salt
1/2cup buttermilk
2 T butter, melted
1/2cup raisins
1/4cup nuts
1/4cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 1/2 cup hot water ( 130'degrees)

Heat oven to 350 degrees

In large bowl, mix dry ingredients
Stir in buttermilk and butter.
Stir in raisins and nuts
Spread in ungreased 8 or 9 inch square pan

In small bowl, mix brown sugar and hot water. Pour over batter.
Bake 45-55 min or until top is brown and toothpick comes out clean.

Serve with ice cream.

Thanks for stopping by

Please share

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment