One of the best investments I have ever made in the kitchen is the crockpot. You can get them for as little as 25.00 and the smell of cooked dinner when you walk into the house after a long day makes it totally worth it.
The crockpot cookbook is another good investment. It is full of good recipes from main dishes to deserts.
VEGETARIAN BAKED BEANS
1lb dried navy beans
6 cups water
1small onion, chopped
3/4 cup ketchup
3/4 cup brown sugar
1tsp dry mustard
2 T dark molasses
1) soak beans in water overnight in stockpot. Cook for 1.5 hours or until dome. ( or use canned beans that have been drained and rinsed. -- probably two cans
2) mix together all ingredients. Cook om low 10-12 hours
1/2 cup butter
1large onion, chopped
3 celery ribs chopped
1 T poultry seasoning. ( parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme) -- sounds like a song LOL
1 loaf stale sourdough bread, Cut into 1 inch cubes.
1 1-2 -2 cups chicken broth ( ornusenvegetable broth)
1) sauté veggies in butter until soft. Take off the heat and add herbs.
( use fresh if you have them in your garden)
2) place bread cubes in bowl and add onion mixture. Moisten with broth.
3) place mixture in GREASED slow cooker. Cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce heat to low and cook for 3-4 hours more.
Thanks for stopping by.
I am looking for a pulled pork recipe in the slow cooker.
Please share this blog.