The most common mistakes grocery shopping to be on the cheap instead of spending the whole paycheck are
- Buying 8 gallons of drinks. Buy tea bags, herbal if you wish, and some crystal light type mix at the dollar store or big lots. Water is a good hydrater. . Buy a lemon to add a slice to it and chill it.
- Buying ready made mixes and meats. Take on one meat at a time, and learn to cook it. The savings are remarkable. If you don't have the pans to cook it, go to the goodwill and find one. if you don't have a roasting rack, pile rough chopped carrots / and or potatoes or onions on the bottom, and roast your chicken on top.
- Buying tons of junk foods. Buy popcorn it's cheap and relatively healthy. The savings more than make up for the price of an air popper on sale. I got mine for 14.00.
- If your passion is sweet, find easy and inexpensive recipes for brownies or another cake or cookie. There is a recipe on the Internet for a mixture of 2 cake mixes that cooks in a few in the microwave. Or make muffins or quick breads. They can be healthy and satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Not Sticking to your meal plans and not thinking things out. don't come home without the things you need to make them or you have wasted your time and need another costly trip to the store.
- The worst mistake is to go to the store hungry, with screaming kids that need a nap, and buy
- anything in the store that looks good to you. It's stressful and expensive. you shouldn't come home broke and ready to drop from the grocery store! LOL
Take a look at your grocery receipt and break it down as to how much is drinks, how much snack food and desert, and how much fruit and veggies. The most percentages should be fruit and veggies and proteins. Less than ten percent should be snacks and drinks.
Thanks for stopping by