Five things to buy on the bulk isle,
- Spices: they are fresh because they have a large turn over. Cheap. I save small jars to reuse and make spice blends. Taco seasoning can cost almost as much as a dish.
- Popcorn: about 1/3 of the cost of bulk at Costco. Save plastic or glass jars. Dollar tree sometimes has glass jars.
- Beans : except pinto beans are cheaper. Pintos are cheaper at dollar tree.
- Dry milk. Powdered milk is really expensive. It has a very long shelf life and is cheaper in bulk. Great for an emergency and for mixes- cocoa and white sauce/ cream soup.
- Yeast is a great thing if the bulk package at Costco is too much, Pizza dough takes less than a tablespoon .
Saving glass jars is a great help. I get labels from the dollar store. A package lasts a long time. I was able to pull the label off and move it to another place when I was helping my daughter with hers.